Usui Reiki sessions
What happens during an Usui Reiki session
The recipient lies down on a massage table wearing all of his/her clothes.
The Reiki practitioner puts his/her hands on or over the recipientʼs body, giving energy to specific areas, such as the head, the back, the abdomen, or wherever there is discomfort or pain. A complete session lasts 60ʼ-75ʼ.
Essential oils or crystals are not used during an Usui Reiki session, because this method stands on its own and is absolutely effective!
Who can benefit from an Usui Reiki session
Everyone! Regardless of age, sex, religion, philosophy or dogma, anyone can benefit from this method. Even animals can benefit from a Reiki session!
As a matter of fact, animals being more sensitive to energy, accept Reiki happily and with greater ease than people usually do! An Animal Reiki session usually lasts about 30ʼ.
Note: Animal Reiki sessions can take place either on a one-on-one meeting or from a distance. They must, however, be previously scheduled in order to establish where they will take place.
In which cases can Usui Reiki help
Reiki promotes the bodyʼs self-healing abilities and mechanisms. More specifically:
- It can relieve pain and aches such as: muscular pain, migrains, stomach aches, back problems, strains, inflammations, sciatica, burns
- It reduces stress and anxiety
- It helps wounds to heal faster
- It helps in psychosomatic issues
- It reduces side-effects of drugs, taken in serious health conditions such as multiple sclerosis, diabetes, heart disease
- It accelerates recovery after surgery
- It reinforces positive emotions
Many hospitals and clinics in the U.S.A, Great Britain and Germany have incorporated Usui Reiki as part of their services to help their patients, including those suffering from cancer. More specifically, Reiki helps them speed up their recovery after surgery or reduces side-effects of drugs.
How often can Usui Reiki be applied
A typical cycle of sessions is the following:
- At the beginning of the first session the practitioner takes the recipient ʼs case-history and then the Reiki therapy begins, which usually lasts 60ʼ-75ʼ.
- From the 2nd - 7th session, which take place within a short period of time, initially the practitioner talks to the recipient about the latterʼs impressions about his/her Reiki therapy. Afterwards the actual therapy starts, which lasts 60ʼ-75ʼ.
- From the 8th session and forth (which can take place at any given time), the therapy lasts 60ʼ.
The above suggested cycle can be altered according to the issue at hand needing therapy.
The following links show how Usui Reiki is applied in famous hospitals in the U.S.A and Great Britain:
-Usui Reiki is a very gentle, yet quite powerful method that can help enormously. Nevertheless, it does not substitute or replace the usual and recommended
treatment given by a physician, psychiatrist or chemist. It can, however, complement all of the above or another alternative energy healing modality, helping oneʼs health to improve and balance, in a very gentle, yet effective way.
- A Reiki practitioner should not diagnose or suggest any kind of medicine to the recipient.